Friday, June 24, 2011

Welcome to the Philippines On-Running!

What sports do you play and how long have you been playing? I love volleyball so much. I used to play volleyball when I was a kid, of course with my playmates. I always wish that someday I will not just sit on the court-side watching those volleyball players playing but also be one of them and being watched by others. Until Homeowner's Association put up a Volleyball League for youth in our subdivision. Good thing that I am already a teenager, so lucky that I was assigned in Red Team.

Captain Ball told us that before the league start, we need to undergo lots of trainings which they called it "try-out". I asked her why do we still need to do it if we are already good enough to play that game? She just told me that I should be in the meeting place tomorrow morning at 5am. 

At exactly 5am in the morning, I was already in front of our Captain Ball's house. When she saw me, it was like she's scanning all over me from head to foot. I ask her why, and she just said "why are you wearing slippers?". Other members of the Red Team was looking at me and yes, they are wearing rubber shoes. Honestly, I have a lot of slippers and sandals in my room (that was way back in high school days). They told me that I cannot play volleyball if I don't have rubber shoes and I feel like crying that morning, telling them that I don't have any and I can still play volleyball using my slippers. I heard them saying "Let her wear her slippers so that she would know why rubber shoes is important."

Training starts in stretching and that was so easy until jogging started. At first it was okay until I found out that we're jogging almost 30 minutes and I am feeling a little pain on my foot palm. After 45 minutes, I asked them if I could stop jogging because of the pain from my foot palm that goes up on my lower leg. And that was the time they talked to me and said that rubber shoes is so important especially with that kind of sports. League will start after that month so they still give me a chance to join them in training if I already have a rubber shoes.

I rushed home to tell my parents about this, unfortunately they don't have enough money to buy me a rubber shoes instead they borrow my cousin's shoes. It actually fits perfectly and the next morning I was so happy to show them that I already have a rubber shoes to use. I felt less pain but I still managed to jog for almost 2 hours with 15 minutes break. 

There are different kinds of rubber shoes (athletic shoes) which consists of:
  • Running shoes - if you're going to look at it, you will think that walking and running shoes are just the same. Try to look inside of it, cushions are thicker compared to walking shoes. Cushion must be thick because when we run, we use more force when we land our feet to the ground.
  • Walking shoes - this is just a simple casual shoe and it is right for everyday walking.
  • Cross-Trainers - this is an all-purpose shoes and good for saving money not to buy a lot of different shoes. But this shoes doesn't have enough cushion and not that flexible.
I Race Against Hunger (Isang Hakbang Pilipinas)
My family and I finds time to jog every weekend, because that is the only time that four of us are complete. What I have here now is just a walking shoes that I bought when I was in college. And I believe I can't use it anymore because of it's condition. See for yourself...

Shoes Over-Used
Now that I don't have a nice shoes to use, I cannot jog anymore. I need to jog once a week in order to maintain a good heart beat. Heart problem was detected last 2005, cardiologist told me that I have a Sinus Arrhythmia. It is an irregular beating that leads to rhythm disorder and it really disturbs me a lot. Heart beat so strong and fast that wakes me up in the middle of the night, and normal beat while watching horror movies even if I am already scared. Doctor told me that I need to undergo a 2D-Echo for them to trace if there would be some problem aside from irregular beating and thank God the result was negative. He just gave me advice to take the medicines that he prescribed and to jog once a week to bring back the regular beat of my heart.

How can I jog if I don't have a shoes again? This time I need not a walking shoes but a running shoes that would be okay for my jogging/bonding time with my family and of course for my health needs. I would still prefer to have a pink running shoes because I am so cute ^_~ and I love pink and the weight of shoes must be very light to wear. I found out that here in Philippines, they're welcoming a brand new running shoes and this is their Facebook Page : On-Running. I am so excited to see those shoes in malls, and I know they have a color pink running shoes and 6.5 for my size. ^_^

The 2011 Cloudsurfer - Rose / Pink (Women's)
I promised to jog every week and to join a lot of fun run wearing that cute and very light weight running shoes!

No comments: