Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fly With The Flying Pig!

When we say childhood, we automatically think about our favorite cartoon character. We all know that cartoons has a major contribution in our childhood days. I remember when I was a kid my dream was to become Olive, Popeye's one great love. My mom told me that I never get tired singing "Care Bears" theme song everyday and she find it so annoying. hahaha! But she admits that if I didn't like the taste of our food, she's telling me that it was exactly the same as the Care Bears's food. Yes, it is effective!

While eating in a restaurant, there was this family trying to convince their daughter to eat the food in front of her. I wanted to tell them what they need to do just like what my mom did to me when I was a kid. If only there would be a place where cartoons blends well with their food. And "The Flying Pig" answered children's prayer.




The Flying Pig was located in Eastwood, Libis. This is also one of the "The Red Crab Restaurants". The place was inspired by a lot of superheroes but only one character, pig. You will love it's uniqueness that only a kid and a kid-at-heart can appreciate. I can't help but smile looking at those posters while eating.




I was so thankful that I got a chance to try their food for free plus the fact that I will be with my friends too.

edel, mee-i and irishell
irishell and alex
nice and flow (wow! that's a cute combination!)
jeman
Meat is not my favorite but that doesn't mean I hate it. Even if there are a lot of meat alternatives still meat is the major source of protein, and my body needs it. The Flying Pig main dish is pork. They can use all parts of a pig and can do any kind of recipe out of it.

Apple Cream Soup
Bacon Bleu Cheese Salad
Flying Pig
Patatim Pata Tom
The Pork Treasure Pot
Kung Fu Spice Spare Ribs
Cuchi Prito
Kurobota Pork Belly
Three Little Pigs Cabbage Rolls
I love the taste of their food, it is so good. I can tell that the meat is so soft and tender, theres no fight in every bite. hahaha! It is all because of the healthy young pork. Chef Peter Ayson knows that, he's the Executive Chef of The Red Crab Restaurant.

Chef Peter Ayson
I can totally say that cartoons and food blends well in "The Flying Pig". You will not just enjoy the place but their food can also bring back your childhood memories in every bite!

let's eat!

No comments: